- Shaws store in Mountmellick calls it a day and shuts its doors.
- New school for children in Laois with special needs ready to accept pupils in days.
- A derelict house in Portlaoise has become a nightmare for neighbours because of fires and anti-social behaviour, claims local councillor.
- Firefighters tackled another blaze on the Slieve Bloom Mountains last Thursday in the Festival Field area of Rosenallis.
- The archive collection of Portarlington historian Ronnie Mathews has been acquired by Laois County Council.
- Signs damaged and overturned after boy racers run amok in the Glendine area of Laois over the weekend.
- A pupil at Arles National School was recently announced as the Leinster Regional Champion in the FBD Farm Safe Schools competition.
- Photo special: 2011 when Miriam O’Callaghan and her daughter visited Killeen NS where they raised two green flags that day.
More on these stories and other news, views, features and photos from around the county in this week’s edition of the Laois Nationalist which is available in all local newsagents from Tuesday 4 May or online here