Yet another busy week of improvements and media coverage here at SOLAS. On Monday we had a visit from ‘The Irish Garden’ magazine which is to feature SOLAS in a 3 page article in next month’s edition. Thursday see’s the Visit of the ‘Country Living’ section of the ‘Farmers Journal’ to focus on SOLAS’s close connection with the farming community and rural life – in particular our Farmers’ Market and our range of dairy products with local Dairy Farmers – Michael and Cora Finlay.
David Maher Co-owner of SOLAS explains “It really important that we keep innovating and add new features to SOLAS but we also need to keep a constant focus on getting media attention to let the world know just how special what we have built here is. Almost every week now we get picked up by a number of national publications as we build our brand as being a hub for great food, plants and sustainable living”
We continue to offer great food and coffee 7 days a week from 9am-6pm. The steady increase in food court sales have continued as chef ‘Allan Hendry’ continues to work his magic in the kitchen. Why not try out SOLAS this Sunday for Brunch and take in the Craft market in glorious sunshine.
- Wednesday 3 August: Finlay’s Fresh whole milk ‘Moo Cow’ automatic glass bottle milk and milkshake dispensing machine is due to be installed @ SOLAS. See Instagram @moo_cow_fresh_milk. The hope is to have it fully operational by mid-August
- Saturday 6 August 2-6pm: Agri Innovation Development Workshop Free Event aimed at the local farming and food producing community
Saturday’s Farmers’ Market
- This Saturday 6 August 10am-2pm will see a very full market with a wonderful range of bakery, fresh meat, fish and organic beef. As ever the focus of the market is on fresh, local and organic. Also your first chance to see our new Milk in Glass bottles vending machine.
Sunday’s Craft Market
- Sunday 7th August 11am-4pm will see a 100% sold out Craft Market. This once a month event is becoming even more popular than Farmers market getting consistently great crowds to see the fantastic range of local crafts, jewellery, clothes and art on Display.
- Our inaugural Clothes Swap event is getting great interest and has been picked up by a number of publications such as the ‘Gloss’ magazine. We already have a super range of clothes which have been submitted and more arriving every day. This is your chance to dress in the circular economy way!
SOLAS – Plants
Dahlias are the quintessential summer flower. Their range covers almost every imaginable. They are perfect for the late summer flowering from July to October. Ideal location would be in a border or to form a jungle of exotic colours in a wilderness area of your garden. Dahlias grow to about 90cm high. As ever our team of horticulturists are on hand 7 days a week to advise on plant selection and ideal planting conditions
SOLAS – Shop
Our featured shop product this week is our Dutch-wood Sustainable Furniture. This 6 seater dining set made from recycled scaffolding planks. This stylish & spacious furniture set is perfect for al fresco dining and enjoy your garden late into the evenings with family and friends
You can find these on sale in store and you sit and relax on them in our Foodcourt.
Check out online here:
The weather for the weekend to be dry, sunny and warm. And the good news does end there next week is get up to 24 degrees with good weather forecast for at least the next 8 days