Caravan burnt out in Co Down arson attack

By Jonathan McCambridge, PA
A caravan has been burnt out in an arson attack in Co Down.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following the incident in Ballynahinch on Sunday.
The PSNI said was reported that at around 12.10am that a caravan had been set alight in the Creevyargon Road area of the town.
Officers attended, alongside colleagues from the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service, who extinguished the blaze.
The caravan was completely burnt out as a result of the fire.
No one was in the caravan at the time, and there are no reports of any injuries.
A PSNI statement said: “The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information including dash-cam, mobile or CCTV footage of the area or who may have witnessed suspicious activity during this time are asked to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 16 23/03/25.”